My song "Library" appears on Classwar Karaoke 13, which has just been released.
Here's the song:
Here are the notes I wrote for the release:
Gurdonark: In a time when information is more available and more important than ever, access to information is being treated as a commodity. Among the potential casualties of this change is the public library. In Library, the music explores the quiet complexities of this common but un-commonplace institution. The music was created with the Sawcutter 2.0 software synthesizer, using simple samples I created. I used two Bolivian flutes, a tarkas and a ponquillo, as well as a pewter cup and a circular kitchen bowl, to create the sound samples used in this song. I believe in self-education, in upward mobility through learning, and in closing the educational gap between rich and poor through libraries and schools. The image is a view of the surrounding mountains from the rooftop of the Salt Lake City, Utah public library.
Here is a link to the whole album:
- ▼ February (2)
Gurdonark releases to hear and download:
- 1. Gurdonark's EP "Tallgrass Canticle" at Negative Sound Institute
- 2. Gurdonark's EP: "Seven Virtues"
- 3. Over 100 Creative Commons Gurdonark songs at ccmixter.org
- 4. Gurdonark's piece: "A Texas Christmas Holiday with Zikweb Travel" at Negative Sound Institute
- 5. Gurdonark's piece "Long Defeat: Variation 4" at C. Reider's Vuzhmusic.com
- 6. Gurdonark music at Last.fm
- 7. Gurdonark's Piece "Ninth Can-Jo Meditation" at Webbed Hand Records
- Gurdonark's 2011 EP: "Weights and Measures"